It is currently November 18th, 2019, 3:07 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: Klymit matresses
PostPosted: June 18th, 2019, 5:44 am 

I bought mine at altitude-sports.com (out of Tremblant).

PostPosted: June 18th, 2019, 9:16 pm 

I believe I bought my Static V2 in 2015, and love it. 6ft, 230+lb dude. Have used on the bench seat of my truck, the floor of the office, on a 19 day mountain hike, packed it in a carry on for an overnight in an airport, on a cot, and in a hammock. Still going strong, but only moderate use per year. Probably only ~8 days in 2015, ~30 in 2016, ~12 in 2017, ~10 in 2018, and only 2 nights so far this year. I also bought the insulated version, but haven't used it enough to comment. I use the inflation bag from my packraft combined with a plastic bag to inflate it most of the way so that I don't get moisture from my breath in it. I carry the inflation bag even when using it in other boats/situations. May have had to blow it up by mouth in the airport.

The most comfortable position for me is on my side, and I don't inflate it very tight. My previous mats would leave me with a sore shoulder and hip if sleeping on hard ground/floor.

I believe the Recon stands for Reconnaissance, as it is an olive drab that is supposed to have the toughest bottom.

PostPosted: June 19th, 2019, 5:40 am 

The place across from MEC in Ottawa carries them but not sure how much stock they have on the shelves to try out. Great Escape Outdoors.

I don't recall if the V2 also has the new style nozzle - I have to say the new style nozzle is way better than the original style.

PostPosted: June 21st, 2019, 11:18 am 

I started buying these years ago when outfitting to bring along my 4 kids on backcountry trips because the price is so good and they pack up the size of a coke can. The kids have been using them for the last 5 or 6 years, probably average of 10 nights a year with no problems. Certainly impressed me that they haven't managed to pop one yet, given kids spend a lot of time bouncing around in the tent and walking on them.