It is currently May 29th, 2020, 1:41 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: March 1st, 2020, 11:03 am 

Camp Showers (birthday present for Hubby, so couldn't put it in the subject line, or he would see it in e-mail- I will edit it once I have made the choice.)Headed north again this summer, and hubby is tired of trying to bath from a bucket. River will be freezing entire trip. Was thinking of surprising him with a shower system. Have used bag systems (Sea to Summit pocket shower types), and find that they are not easy to fill, seams give out, and by golly, you either need a rock ledge or a tree to hang them from. Thinking about going with this type: https://www.amazon.ca/Detachable-Rechar ... s9dHJ1ZQ==

We always have a bucket, and for 3 or 4 weeks out we always have a solar charger and battery pack.

Opinions?

PostPosted: March 3rd, 2020, 6:26 pm 

Haven't tried this unit, but 0.9 gpm flow sounds good for camp. You could use a barrel for bucket, I found a big aluminum pot that just barely nestles into 5 gal barrel. Also, consider elevating yr bucket of water, every bit closer in height to shower head reduces load on bat/pump. Even placing on picnic table should extend bat life noticeably.

PostPosted: March 4th, 2020, 1:37 pm 

Thank you Airbag, appreciate the information!

PostPosted: March 5th, 2020, 2:48 am 

Camping out with hubby in small tent for a month.
Buy him a shower.
Tell him it's for him.
Double-win!

PostPosted: March 5th, 2020, 8:37 am 

I have just ordered the Upgrade Loove, and bought the spare battery for an extra fee. The batteries are supposed to be waterproof. Will let you know how it works out!