It is currently September 24th, 2020, 3:14 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: March 24th, 2020, 2:47 pm 

Thanks smokey!

I actually did find a mention on the hammock forums from a guy who loves his Tiaga Scheherazade.

They almost seem too good to be true.

PostPosted: March 26th, 2020, 11:46 am 

I've been using these guys' bag for 30 years (Antelope, still the same bag and still use it) with fantastic results (I use a cotton liner to keep the bag clean too).
https://www.westernmountaineering.com/s ... ion-chart/

When a new source of taxation is found it never means, in practice, that the old source is abandoned. It merely means that the politicians have two ways of milking the taxpayer where they had one before.
H. L. Mencken

PostPosted: March 26th, 2020, 3:41 pm 

Hammockgear.com
Undergroundquilts.com
Warbonnetoutdoors.com
Jacks R Better

There are a few more vendors but I can’t remember the names.

I’ve bought from all of these companies and highly recommend any of them. It’s worth the time to check them out. Hammockgear has some discount quilts that are ready to ship...well worth looking into.

PostPosted: March 30th, 2020, 10:30 am 

Another vote here for Taiga sleeping bags. I've been using a Taiga Works 1001-Nights bag for several years now, and have been very happy with it during shoulder seasons, even into November, in the BC Rockies and in northern Saskatchewan.

I use it on an Exped Downmat 9 sleeping pad, and in cold weather I wear good wool socks and Canadian Army surplus long underwear, and a balaclava in it while sleeping. This keeps the inside of the bag clean, is less bulky than a bag liner, and lets me get out of the bag and tent in a hurry while being somewhat dressed if I need to.

In warmer weather I just drape the open bag over my upper body with my feet inside the footbox.

Taiga bags are made in Canada, and are very well made using high quality European down, have lots of great features, and are comparatively less expensive than a great many other down bags.

My understanding is that Taiga and MEC were at one time competitors in the Vancouver area market, and that MEC possibly even carried Taiga products in their inventory. I believe that there was some legal issues between the two companies at one time in the past, and that the owner of Taiga was thought by some to hold some controversial views on political/social issues.

But as for the bags themselves, I can highly recommend checking them out.

Ubique

PostPosted: April 4th, 2020, 9:19 am 

{ the owner of Taiga was thought by some to hold some controversial views on political/social issues.}

Indeed. He has been cited for human rights abuses at his workplace and he published a tribute to Holocaust denier and racist Doug Collins in the Taiga catalog.