It is currently May 21st, 2022, 9:27 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: November 14th, 2021, 9:51 am 

Primus Multifuel stove, burns white gas, kerosene and also gas canisters. Also includes the Quiet Stove adapter that cuts the noise level down from fire breathing dragon to passing jet plane. Four fuel bottles included. Shipping negotiable!
Great stove but we’re just not using it anymore.

$150

https://flic.kr/p/2mJm7rX

https://flic.kr/p/2mJm7qu

PostPosted: November 18th, 2021, 7:58 pm 

Tough crowd! How about I include shipping (to anywhere in Canada) for $150?

PostPosted: November 20th, 2021, 12:18 am 

chris randall wrote:

I think you're asking a bit much. I can buy a comparable new stove from Sail for $200, and probably at your $150 price if I wait for a sale. And most everyone on this site likely has two or three stoves already (speaking for myself, I own at least four, if I include the Coleman two burner, and five if I include the backup propane stove in my trailer). Add to that, if I can't try it before I buy it, I'm out at this price. (Perhaps a video would help you sell it?).

Maybe give a link to the product from the manufacturer and elaborate a smidge on how it's been used, or maybe you may have better luck selling locally - I've bought a few things from ads posted here, but I personally went and picked them up, and tried them first, cash in hand.

At $50 I'd be PMing you six ways from Sunday. At $100 I'd be asking for more pictures. But at $150 I can probably buy something better, new, if I wait for a sale.

I'm looking to upgrade my stove, which is neither here nor there. I'm looking to get a multifuel burner for my Trangia alcohol stove. I'm just speaking for myself here obviously, but it wouldn't be easy to convince me to spend that money on this used stove rather than what I'm looking at.

I really do think you're asking too much.

PostPosted: November 20th, 2021, 9:25 am 

PacketFiend wrote:
chris randall wrote:

I think you're asking a bit much. I can buy a comparable new stove from Sail for $200, and probably at your $150 price if I wait for a sale. And most everyone on this site likely has two or three stoves already (speaking for myself, I own at least four, if I include the Coleman two burner, and five if I include the backup propane stove in my trailer). Add to that, if I can't try it before I buy it, I'm out at this price. (Perhaps a video would help you sell it?).

Maybe give a link to the product from the manufacturer and elaborate a smidge on how it's been used, or maybe you may have better luck selling locally - I've bought a few things from ads posted here, but I personally went and picked them up, and tried them first, cash in hand.

At $50 I'd be PMing you six ways from Sunday. At $100 I'd be asking for more pictures. But at $150 I can probably buy something better, new, if I wait for a sale.

I'm looking to upgrade my stove, which is neither here nor there. I'm looking to get a multifuel burner for my Trangia alcohol stove. I'm just speaking for myself here obviously, but it wouldn't be easy to convince me to spend that money on this used stove rather than what I'm looking at.

I really do think you're asking too much.

Well the stove cost me around $125, the bottles are around $25 each and the Quietstove burner was $80. Up to you I guess. I have been struggling with posting pictures on here but I suspect if folk had been interested they would have contacted me.

FWIW. I found you public reply incredibly rude. If you felt this way perhaps a PM would have been appropriate. I still would not have sold it to you for $100 though.

PostPosted: November 20th, 2021, 11:18 am 

I dont know that it was rude.

I mean, if an opinion is to be expressed, I think packetfiend expressed theirs in a polite and civil manner.

I suspect what you find rude is not the manner in which they expressed their opinion, but rather the fact that they expressed one at all in a thread where you're trying to sell something.

On that question, personally i'm undecided.

On the one hand, a lot of these types of forums have strict rules against commenting on buy/sell threads. I help run a woodworking forum, and we have such a rule there which I personally enforce.

On the other hand, sometimes a seller can really bennefit from some feedback.

I often see cases where, for example, a widow is trying to sell her late husband's tools, but she lists them for prices far above what the market will accept. If no one tells her, she's just in for a lot of wasted time and frustration.

As a seller, it's easy to lose perspective. We get focused on what we paid for something and think the re-sale price should be related to that. Last year I switched over all the light fixtures in our house. I ended up with a big box of 10 old dome lights. I thought maybe $100 was a good price, so that's what I listed them for. Only $10 each! The last dome fixture I bought was $35 on its own, so I thought I was offering a great deal. After a couple months I hadnt had a single nibble, so I lowered to $80. 6 months later, several bumps and relists, still not a single bite. So I relisted at $50, thinking I just wanted them gone. Finally I got a nibble: a buyer offering me $20. In retrospect I should have offered to settle at $25, or even just taken the $20 and been done with it, but in my mind these things were still worth $100, and my pride just wouldnt let me go that low. So I told him "no thanks" . That was 3 months, still no more bites, and I still have a big box of dome lights taking up space!

Bottom line, sometimes we need to listen to the message the market is sending us, even if we dont like what the message says.

Hope your sale goes well.

PostPosted: November 20th, 2021, 11:54 am 

I apologize in advance for my opinion. :D

I don't see it as rude.
It's information.
Wether it helps or hurts your sale, hopefully it does help someone.
If it helped your sale would you be cool with that?

I do think Callee's post is bang on.
I'm a believer in sometimes having to lose a bit more in order to avoid losing everything.

On a side note Chris... I sure love the Nimblewell that I bought off of you years ago.
Last night and this morning out at the tipi I used it with my Trangia for making coffee and tea.
I'm sure we take it on pretty much every adventure we do.
Are you still making fireboxes?

PostPosted: November 20th, 2021, 1:39 pm 

What he said was sort of ok. The fact that he decided to trample over my post was what got me p*ssed. As to price, at what point is it not worth my while to clean up the gear, scrub out all the bottle and get them clean enough to mail. Then when it comes to actually ship them, I know it’s going to cost at least $25 so dropping the price to $150 inc shipping means $125 plus shipping, plus my time to wrap them, drive to the post office, wait in line etc. It’s no wonder we end up with so much stuff, it’s just not worth our time to pass it on. Or you do as we have give it away to youth groups in need of gear.

If anyone would like to make me a reasonable off , by PM, I would be happy to consider it.

PostPosted: November 20th, 2021, 2:11 pm 

PacketFiend wrote:
And most everyone on this site likely has two or three stoves already

Err, six if Chris accepts my offer!

PostPosted: November 20th, 2021, 6:14 pm 

Sold to Airbag.

Many thanks.

Six? If I count alcohol stoves I have at least a dozen.

PostPosted: November 22nd, 2021, 12:51 am 

chris randall wrote:
What he said was sort of ok. The fact that he decided to trample over my post was what got me p*ssed.

I can accept that. It was perhaps inappropriate to say it publicly, so I will offer a public apology. I erred by assuming my reply would be construed as constructive criticism, and I did not consider that it may be received as hostile.

It was not my intent to be rude - and if my message was received that way, then I likely did not give my message enough consideration before posting it.

So Chris, irregardless of right or wrong, you have my sincere apology for trampling your post like a bull in a china shop. That was wrong of me. It will not happen again.