View topic - Killarney Park Office / Campgraound - quick question

It is currently October 18th, 2019, 1:27 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: September 15th, 2011, 9:41 am 

hello, I am heading into Killarney today but I may arrive late in the day and, as such, may elect to stay at the George Lake Campgroud and start my trip tomorrow. I called the office (and Friends) to see how late they are open should i need to do this (i.e. get a permit for the night - and then register in the morning for my interior travel). Since I haven't received a call back I would like to know if anyone here has information that could help me. The recorded message on the park phone said that the office is closed by 4pm and the gates at 6pm.....this cause some worry for me. THANKS to anyone who can ease my anxiety.

John

PostPosted: September 15th, 2011, 10:27 am 

Thats odd, closing the gates ... I have camped at George as late as October and the front gates were never closed since I had dinner in town after 6...If folks needed to leave after 6 they would be prisoners ..Just to be on the real safe side..maybe stop at Grundy and ask them on your way up and your fall back would be to stay there ...or stay in a motel at French R...try calling on your drive up.

PostPosted: September 15th, 2011, 10:31 am 

Thanks, but the Park Office just called and informed me that the gates won't be closed and that they post a list of available sites from which I can choose a site should I need to.