View topic - Temagami: Diamond Lake native pictographs

It is currently October 15th, 2019, 2:15 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: April 4th, 2012, 12:55 pm 

For our 7th annual weeklong spring trip my group is planning on doing Temagami to switch things up (we usually trip in Quebec or Algonquin). The route is set to come up from Bob Lake and pass through Lake Diamond on our way up to Maple Mountain, but we'd like to check out the pictographs on the way. I know people don't like to post locations online for fear of vandalism, so if anyone has a map or descriptions of locations that they could PM me, that would help me out tremendously. Or for those of you who are more technologically inclined, a .kmz file for Google Earth would work as well.

Thanks in advance.

PostPosted: April 12th, 2012, 4:29 pm 

mcthiel- the Hap Wilson Route #6 map in his Temagami book shows where the pictographs are. Check this file-

for a Google map which puts you pretty close to the rock face where you will see them. You can also look at these files to get an idea of what they look like (if you don't already know!)---

Have a great week paddling up to Maple Mountain and back. Check out the camp site on Hobart Lake for an A+ place to set up camp before you head up to the trail to Maple Mtn.