View topic - Lost and Found

It is currently May 11th, 2021, 2:18 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours





Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Lost and Found
PostPosted: August 12th, 2020, 9:15 pm 
Offline

Joined: January 9th, 2020, 10:24 pm
Posts: 4
Found at Algonquin Park's Wendigo Lake put in on August 11th a nice Kokatat Life Jacket. After packing up / waiting for about a half hour and not seeing anyone at the put in or on the lake we decided it was forgotten by someone during their car pack up post trip.

If it is yours please let me know and we can get it mailed out to you, after of course answering some verification questions Re: color, jacket's designed gender, and items (if any) which were attached.

If there is somewhere else (another website etc) that folks want to suggest for where I should also be posting this information to find the owner please let me know.

As an aside / random shout into the wind: to the campers who left the pile of cubed /stewed beef? chunks in the fire pit at Radiant Lake on August 5th - you madams or messieurs sort of suck and need to be better. Rain and a late arrival = no fire that night and despite hand picking out your chunks of meat and bear bagging it with our food we still had a bear come through the site twice that night, chewed our water filter bag (I probably touched it after the meat cleanup). Rant over.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lost and Found
PostPosted: August 12th, 2020, 10:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: June 20th, 2001, 7:00 pm
Posts: 3653
Location: Toronto, Ontario Canada
Have you contacted the Park office?

705-633-5572

_________________
"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lost and Found
PostPosted: August 13th, 2020, 8:06 am 
Offline

Joined: January 9th, 2020, 10:24 pm
Posts: 4
Thanks ! - I didn't even think of that (but I should have) will do this morning. Cheers


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lost and Found
PostPosted: August 13th, 2020, 9:19 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: June 23rd, 2001, 7:00 pm
Posts: 3402
Location: Newmarket, Ontario Canada
Thanks for being a good neighbour! :):)

_________________
"I've never met a river I didn't like. The challenges are what we remember, and the experiences will make great memories for when I can pick up my paddle no more". Me


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lost and Found
PostPosted: August 16th, 2020, 6:44 pm 
Offline

Joined: February 4th, 2008, 9:54 pm
Posts: 152
I once found a complete pound of cheese buried beside a fire pit. I burned it over a couple of hours in a hot fire. Found it on our second night. We were lucky and missed a visit from a bear. Never thought about calling the park office.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lost and Found
PostPosted: August 17th, 2020, 8:42 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: July 12th, 2016, 3:01 pm
Posts: 233
chicopeesnowshoe wrote:
I once found a complete pound of cheese buried beside a fire pit. I burned it over a couple of hours in a hot fire. Found it on our second night. We were lucky and missed a visit from a bear. Never thought about calling the park office.


Good Lord what is wrong with some people??? I too have found food waste in campsites at times. But never a pound of cheese.... I'd be tempted to scrape off the outside and keep it for myself.

But then again... I have a serious cheese problem....

I wonder if the bear had buried it???....


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lost and Found
PostPosted: August 17th, 2020, 11:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: June 20th, 2001, 7:00 pm
Posts: 3653
Location: Toronto, Ontario Canada
ameaney wrote:

But then again... I have a serious cheese problem....



I have found a solution to this issue.......always buy MORE CHEESE!

_________________
"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lost and Found
PostPosted: August 18th, 2020, 8:45 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: August 11th, 2002, 7:00 pm
Posts: 5749
Location: Sunny Wasaga Beach
ameaney wrote:
chicopeesnowshoe wrote:
I once found a complete pound of cheese buried beside a fire pit. I burned it over a couple of hours in a hot fire. Found it on our second night. We were lucky and missed a visit from a bear. Never thought about calling the park office.


Good Lord what is wrong with some people??? I too have found food waste in campsites at times. But never a pound of cheese.... I'd be tempted to scrape off the outside and keep it for myself.

But then again... I have a serious cheese problem....

I wonder if the bear had buried it???....


Should have just cut the cheese.

_________________

Old canoeists never die---they just smell that way.



Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: MartinG and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group