View topic - Massassauga PP Question - Creswicke to Two Island Lakes

It is currently September 29th, 2020, 5:44 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: August 25th, 2014, 2:47 pm 

I'm looking into a trip for mid-Sept. timeline to Massassauga PP. From the map there looks to be a semi-bushwaking waterway between Creswicke and Two Island Lakes. This would shave a lot of distance off our trip as we plan on going through the northern lakes of the Massassauga and back into Spider bay. Does anyone have any information on this route? If it even exists?

Thanks,

Ben

PostPosted: June 14th, 2020, 8:08 am 

Hi Ben,
I know this is an old post but I'm wondering - were able to make the overland connection between Creswicke and Two Island Lakes? I'm looking at trying a similar route in the near future.

PostPosted: June 14th, 2020, 12:54 pm 

Interesting. I did a similar route just last fall, but going out and around the long way from Crestwicke and then into Two Island by the regular portage. It was after Thanksgiving so the inshore route was nearly devoid of traffic and a great sheltered paddle. Wouldn't be possible in mid-season though. I did however scout the portage south out of Seldom Seen lake directly into Spider Bay. I walked over half the distance, to the little pond shortly before Spider Bay and It's very doable, no major terrain or elevation in the way. A quick float over that pond and is likely only another hundred metres perhaps through to the Bay again. It never occurred to me to look at the bushwhack in from the north, but I may take a look my next time through that way.