[color=

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 20th, 2006, 9:20 am 

Sorry Red try this link instead
http://s113.photobucket.com/albums/n239/jscudds/

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 20th, 2006, 10:55 am 

Hi Swift,

Thanks for your comments. Yes, the Kawarthas is a really beautiful place. Even though I have heard about this place many times, I only just have gone this year. I am the same as you in regards to avoiding "busy" places, however, I make the most of it by going during off times. I avoid weekends like the plague, and go during the shoulder season. I am not anti-social as I do enjoy meeting other canoeist, but I like to limit that somewhat. Although, at most
access points you will have to portage a few times to bypass all the cottagers and boaters. Here's a picture of the area (Cox lake) I went to during another solo trip at the end of September.

The location boast of many beautiful rocky outcrops, cliffs, points, and islands topped by pines. I certainly would recommend it, but go during off times. My gf and I went for 3 days during the Thanksgiving weekend and didn't run into another canoeist until we were leaving! Timing is everything. Besides, when we city folk have only 2 or 3 days off, its hard to justify using valuable time driving back and forth.

SWIFT wrote:
or even weekend batgrippers. (made that part up, but you know when you can spot a newbie by their paddle grip 8)

Ok, that comment just cracked me up! I'll always remember when I was guiding a group of guys on a trip in Temagami when a rookie held the paddle that way! Good one!

Canuckcamper06 - thanks for your comment as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 20th, 2006, 11:34 am 

Hey jscudds,

Thanks for the link to the photos. Seems like Sucker is a favourite place for you guys. Its amazing how much more rocks are visible below the dam. It will only be time before I will visit there.

Recognized the pictures from McCrae as we paddled the whole loop in Aug after the long weekend. Some nice scenic areas but sites were dirty and lots of cottagers/boaters. Thanks again.