View topic - Trip report Lake Louise to Castle Junction,

It is currently March 19th, 2024, 4:12 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: July 29th, 2006, 3:37 pm 

Went for a canoe trip on the Bow river from just above the village of Lake Louise to the Castle Jcnt.

A fantastic day... low 30's (almost too hot), and the only thing blocking the sun was the occasional mountain, or trees along the river.

wrote up a quick report. A few pics from the first bit, but the my camera batteries gave up.

Well enjoy, the link to it is below.

http://www.trailcafe.com/canoeing/2006/ ... n_Jcn.html

Also, I've been working on my script for entering trip reports on my web site. it is still not quite right, and you still can not access from the web at this time. If you would be interested in putting up reports please let me know.

I'm going to be gone for most of August but should be able to get the script done in a couple of weeks after that. The trip report here was written using the online script. you will find the picture links near the bottom don't quite work right. If you find anything else pls let me know.

thank you.

Myrl

P.S. the reason I'm away August, is in part I'm running the Nahanni from Virginal Falls down... wow am I looking forward to it. I'll make sure to bring extra batteries for the camera.
:-?

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 29th, 2006, 9:32 pm 

Very nice Myrl, I lived out there for awhile in my youth(worked at the Springs) and always wanted to do some of the Bow,but never got a chance, thanks for the trip down memory lane, Have a great time on the Nahanni.

Cheers, Todd