View topic - Hanson Creek to Frances Lake

It is currently November 20th, 2019, 8:55 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: May 12th, 2017, 9:22 am 

Quick 2 day trip (wish i had 3). Very nice paddle, 4 portages and 6 dam carry overs. As the sign stated it indeed took the whole 6 hours one way,for us anyways. Beautiful wetland scenery finishing on a beautiful lake. Last portage around Francis falls is the longest at 430 paces, uphill over rocks than down into a boggy area. The other 3 are short at around 100 or so paces. Once into Francis it was i'm guessing about another 2 km to a campsite. Nice site with a fire pit and truly an endless supply on firewood laying around. Had a beaver there tail slapping what seemed every hour all night not happy with our presence. In all great little trip. Wind is a bit of a challenge at times as it seems to funnel through there making ya work for a few km.

I want to post about this trip as there is really nothing on line i could find. I will for sure take my wife in to the first portage (45 min paddle) for a nice lunch this summer when it greens up a lot more.

I hope this helps others and recommend this trip to anybody who like myself have been off the paddle for quite a few years.

Cheers.... :thumbup:

PostPosted: May 12th, 2017, 1:02 pm 

Take any photos?

PostPosted: May 12th, 2017, 1:15 pm 

yes. i tried to upload but it said that they were to large to do so.... :( im not sure where to go from there. If anyone could help a new guy out i would love to upload a few pictures. Thanks

PostPosted: May 12th, 2017, 1:40 pm 

Find an application that will do bulk resize, Irfanview works best in Windows. Phatch is quirky but works in Linux. Resize all photos to be uploaded to a width of 800 pixels (keep aspect ratio though). Upload to a repository like Photobucket then copy the image location. In Photobucket, use the "Flash" links to the right of the photo to get the "Direct" image address.

To embed in a post, type ['img']photo address['/img'] with apostrophes removed. When I put this Photobucket link -
http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn38 ... euoxru.jpg - in between those img tags you see: