View topic - What dry suit(s) to buy?

It is currently December 4th, 2020, 9:32 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: October 17th, 2020, 9:42 am 

Checked out Force6, and did not see any dry suits. I hear what you are saying about the Mustang instructor suits (very hard to find at stores, as survival suits are more common), but I have found them, I found them heavy and bulky, unless they have changed from years ago. So tied down with elder/family care, I can see maybe 20 days paddling a year in one, and want to be comfortable. I am going to start calling stores and seeing what they have in stock that I can at least look at. And as far as the front relief zipper, you have to have foung the perfect urinary device in order to use them.

PostPosted: October 23rd, 2020, 4:09 pm 

Sometimes I hate this forum because it gets me buying stuff I might not otherwise consider.

I pulled recently for a GUI suit that came with a fleece onezy....I tried desparately from 1st of Oct finding an Ocean Rodeo in my size but it proved impossible to secure from a Canadian source. The GUI suit was about same price but has neoprene neck and wrist cuffs (so it is a semi-dry suit at best). On the otherhand, neoprene doesn't tend to tear and die as quickly as latex does so maybe the suit will give more longevity with the risk of a trickle entering in arms/neck during swimming. But I don't wear a dry suit with with a canoe with the intent to get dumped and I note that earlier versions of actual dive suites actually used neoprene seals. So I think as an emergency immersion suit it might be okay...but still I'll test and hopefully film it for you guys in a couple of weeks when it arrives.

Take care all. I really couldn't afford 2.5k for a kokatat which is the running price on amazon.ca and other common venues...

Ken