View topic - Defective Bear Bangers

It is currently October 1st, 2020, 12:15 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: July 9th, 2020, 5:21 am 

Bear bangers have worked for me every time in the bush, but not always in town. The town bears get used to just about any form of persuasion in their quest for garbage. Sometimes you have to resort to throwing a cat at it.

PostPosted: July 9th, 2020, 9:02 am 

RHaslam wrote:
. Sometimes you have to resort to throwing a cat at it.

So you get nine 'shots'out of the one cat??? :) :D

Old canoeists never die---they just smell that way.

PostPosted: July 9th, 2020, 9:09 am 

<snorts_coffee_thru_nose> :)

MikeD

PostPosted: July 9th, 2020, 6:07 pm 

Tru Flare. I've only fired them off a few times, but they went off without a hitch. I'd had them for many years before firing.

www.mikemonaghan.ca

PostPosted: July 15th, 2020, 3:12 pm 

It took a while, but I did hear back from the retailer that sold me those boomsticks, and they're just as concerned as I am. They opened a bulk package and tested a few, and all of theirs failed also. As such, I will not name them so as not to disparage them publicly; I am otherwise quite happy with them.

Now I'm waiting on a response from the manufacturer/importer, to whom they've forwarded my complaint.

PostPosted: July 15th, 2020, 3:43 pm 

PacketFiend wrote:
It took a while, but I did hear back from the retailer that sold me those boomsticks, and they're just as concerned as I am. They opened a bulk package and tested a few, and all of theirs failed also. As such, I will not name them so as not to disparage them publicly; I am otherwise quite happy with them.

Now I'm waiting on a response from the manufacturer/importer, to whom they've forwarded my complaint.

Very interesting. I think it would be worthwhile to name the retailer that supplied the defective bangers. At this point you aren't bashing them (rather you're giving them credit for responding and pursuing the problem) but it would be nice for someone who had a box of potentially defective bangers purchased at the same retailer to be aware of it.

Alan

PostPosted: July 15th, 2020, 4:17 pm 

Those banger doesn't look like the ones I have.

I've always had Tru Flare, never set one off at an actual bear, did a test fire a couple of times with no issues and those test were done with bangers that were at least 5 years old at the time.

I misplaced my launcher a few years ago and bought another Tru Flare that came with 3 bangers and 3 flares but I've never taken it out of the blister pack.

I plan to tell the bear "hang on, my bangers are in the bottom of my barrel and it's going to take me 5 minutes to get this bloody blister pack open so if you don't mind can you postpone your attack for a bit......pretty please!" :rofl:

PostPosted: July 15th, 2020, 4:32 pm 

Alan Gage wrote:
Very interesting. I think it would be worthwhile to name the retailer that supplied the defective bangers. At this point you aren't bashing them (rather you're giving them credit for responding and pursuing the problem) but it would be nice for someone who had a box of potentially defective bangers purchased at the same retailer to be aware of it.

Alan

You have a point. Their response has been nothing short of stellar. It was Killarney Outfitters.