View topic - Need new lunch for long trips:

It is currently October 22nd, 2019, 4:31 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
PostPosted: August 18th, 2013, 5:40 pm 

HOOP_ wrote:
I started this thread a while ago, and have been very impressed with all the great ideas.

After some initial enthusiasm myself, I now have regressed/devolved on lunches, mainly due to laziness I guess, age, and laziness....did I mention sloth?. I have been tripping these past 2 years now in the "food is fuel" mentality for lunches, and been eating 2 Clif bars per lunch. I still eat well for breakfast and dinner. (My breakfasts are actually evolving I plan to start a thread on my "new" breakfasts soon).

I order Clif bars in bulk once or twice a year from MEC. Not expensive relative to the cost of my trips (gas, hotel, flights, etc). So far I am not growing tired of them. I can eat 2 at a time, or have two 1-bar lunch breaks per afternoon.

Thumbs up for the creative lunchers out there.

:lol: I now hate Clif Bars temporarily I hope. After some 40 days of them for lunch I am ready for real lunches!

But they do come in handy when you don't dare stop for a "real lunch" or have no dry place to stop.

PostPosted: August 25th, 2013, 7:53 pm 

We do the same....good breakfast and dinner...lunch is power bars mostly or jerky. Very infrequently we will stop and make cup of soup or such, maybe bannock and jam. Nothing fancy or time consuming.

Christy

PostPosted: August 25th, 2013, 8:19 pm 

segosih wrote:
We do the same....good breakfast and dinner...lunch is power bars mostly or jerky.
Christy

We've had some quick lunches too, but much prefer the leisurely lunch with a swim off the Cdn Shield rocks on a hot summer's day. Std is tuna & apple on a wrap, p'butter on wrap or ryvita, hummus likewise, rounded out with either dried or fresh fruit.

Old canoeists never die---they just smell that way.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8