View topic - Dehydrator

It is currently November 17th, 2019, 12:59 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 24th, 2001, 9:21 pm 

For anyone interested in a good deal, Home Hardware's flyer today has an American Harvest Snackmaster dehydrator listed for $69.97 (reg $85.00) I bought this model last year, adjustable thermostat, fan, 1 leather tray and 1 screen included. Sale starts today for 10 days.
Happy drying!
Sid

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 27th, 2001, 1:01 pm 

I was looking at that and was going to ask for opinions on it. I take it by posting the info that you are happy with it. Any comments or concerns with it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 27th, 2001, 8:21 pm 

Mark, this subject came up last year in the forums and the American Harvester dehydraters were 1 of the preferred models by many people. I had previously been using my oven with uneven results due to trouble regulating temperature etc.

I searched around and about the best price I found was this model at Home Hardware for the $85.00 compared up to around $125 from other outlets. I have since purchased a couple extra trays, screens and leather trays to give myself more options when drying. I have dryed pots of chili, spaghetti sauce, jerky, fruit, veggies and have had great results. The thermostat and fan features allow for really consistent results in my experience with the unit. I have several friends who are not paddlers but use the same model or the next one up,(Gardenmaster) who all have used different dehydrators and all eventually purchased the American Harvester products.

Well built, expandable, easy to clean and use, spare parts available and has the fan and thermostat features you need.

Sid

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 27th, 2001, 9:00 pm 

I have the American Harvester Snackmaster bought off Ebay, with 3 trays 1 leather thing and I am happy with it, of course I'm not a pro at the drying stuff, but just tonight I got peaches and Nectarines to do over the next few days. Nice thing is even if the stuff doesn't dry nicely, the house will smell nice for a while! :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 28th, 2001, 8:14 am 

Thanks for the input, Smokey and Chris. I think I'll pick one up, or drop some serious hints. My birthday's coming up, you know.