View topic - Favorite dehydrated food?

It is currently August 13th, 2020, 3:24 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: November 5th, 2019, 1:42 pm 

rab wrote:
Captaincanadian,
Do you just dehydrate your own scrambled eggs? I thought that eggs done at home never rehydrate well? Guess I'll have to try it myself before I buy the powdered ones.

rab

Yes, I use just raw eggs mixed in a blender, dehydrate then blend them in a coffee grinder until powdered and vacuum seal. The trick to not having them feel grainy is to mix a little powered milk into the water and playing around with the right amount of liquid mix. I do not have it perfect as of yet but pretty darn close, getting better each time.

The lady I learned from is on Youtube just go check out 'OurHalfAcreHomestead' dehydrating raw eggs. I believe she is a chicken farmer so she had to come up with a way to not waste her left over eggs. Excellent video and I have been using her method since I watched this video.

Another thing I try in the cold season is just to crack the eggs into a Nalgene bottle and use them up like that, when its cold they can last easily a few days. But I have been trying to master the powdered eggs and will continue down that path.

Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit. ~ Edward Abbey