View topic - Starbucks Instant Coffee

It is currently September 15th, 2019, 7:21 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: October 14th, 2009, 8:36 pm 

Strathcona wrote:
Starbucks instant coffee is a marketing disaster in the making. This will be in a case study in MBA marketing text books of how not to manage a brand. Where does Starbucks come out ahead on this? I get that they want to compete in the $1 cup of coffee war with Mickey Dee's and Dunkin' - but instant? They are telling their customers that instant coffee tastes just like their regular coffee...brilliant!! :doh: Moreover, they are associating cheap (instant coffee brands: Maxwell house, Folgers, Tasters Choice et al.) with their premium brand....the vaunted Starbucks. What utter nonsense. Add to this that a huge part of the Starbucks "total brand experience" is the ambiance of the bistro style coffee shops....where is the brand experience in ripping open a pouch of VIA instant and dumping it into hot water?! Well Excuuuuseee Meee! I want a barista dammit! Is that too much to ask?! These people are fools. Overpaid fools. And if that's not enough, for a buck you get a cup. :evil: :o I'm talkin' 8 ounces, baby! Get real...when is the last time you ordered a fluid cup of coffee?! Are these not the people that got a nation hooked on ordering a "grande" cup?

I wouldn't take this crap camping. And I have very low standards when I camp.

Sad. Pathetic. If anyone from Starbucks is reading this, I am available as a consultant. PM me.

Wow.

Can we interest you in some Japanese matcha?

PostPosted: October 28th, 2009, 9:14 am 

I will second superjens about the Nescafe instant espresso. It tastes good if you like strong coffee, light to take with you and you get 50 cups+- for under $5.00 or 10c each cup :clap: We have used a coffee press with good results but will change to Nescafe now.

Listen to advice and accept instruction, and in the end you will be wise. Prov. 19:20

PostPosted: October 29th, 2009, 5:08 pm 

I will third superjens on the Nescafe Instant Espresso. I tried it based on that recommendation and it really is quite good.

-?-

Killarney Campsites - check it out... http://sites.google.com/site/killarneycampsites/Home

PostPosted: November 14th, 2009, 9:18 am 

As far as instant coffee goes, Starbucks is the best. Yes, it is not quite as a good as the real stuff and price is stiff. It is a compromise and I am willing to lower my standards a tad while in the bush.

Otherwise, I order 100% Kona coffee from a small grower in Hawaii who roasts it to my preference the same day it is mailed to me. It may be expensive but I justify the expense because it is cheaper than a daily visit to a good coffee shop.

One of these days I am going to get my own roaster!

PostPosted: November 14th, 2009, 10:02 am 

Worth wrote:
I order 100% Kona coffee from a small grower in Hawaii who roasts it to my preference the same day it is mailed to me. It may be expensive but I justify the expense because it is cheaper than a daily visit to a good coffee shop.

One of these days I am going to get my own roaster!

And all my friends think I'm a coffee purist. :roll:

Pssssst.... Can you pass along the contact info for your Hawaiian grower? 8)

PostPosted: November 14th, 2009, 10:57 am 

Otherwise you can get non-roasted coffee beans easily. Green Beanery in Toronto for instance. And roast it at home. I did it several times simply on a cooking sheet in the oven. Can't get the same regular roast that way, but it's interesting nevertheless. And it certainly doesn't taste bad once ground (French pressed, that is)

PostPosted: November 14th, 2009, 8:56 pm 

Quote:
Pssssst.... Can you pass along the contact info for your Hawaiian grower?

http://www.bwanabobskonacoffee.com/

Now try and say that three times in a row as fast as you can :rofl:

PostPosted: July 28th, 2010, 8:06 pm 

I would pay $5 for a tube of that heavenly powder especially on a cold morning as the rain is coming down. Not a coffee expert but I think the stuff tastes better than my home brew Maxwell house. I like it best with a tablespoon of powdered milk.

Best thing is that you can get your fix as fast as the water can boil!

PostPosted: July 28th, 2010, 9:55 pm 

I love a strong coffee.
Italian Via does it for me! :thumbup:

Canoeheadted.

PostPosted: July 30th, 2010, 9:30 am 

wotrock wrote:
I bought 1 of these from MEC for my wife----I'm a tea man myself. She loves it,

Attachment:
coffee.jpg

Amen! I love this little filter....

I'll grind my own beans at home and package them in a nalgene, this filter does a great job.